Monday, January 1, 2007

A New Year Has Come..........

To all my dear friends, a very Happy New Year to all of you. I wish everyone every success in the year ahead.=)

Isn't it scary?? I seems just moments ago that i met Mae and all the rest, but actually, it has already been one whole year. I wonder, years down the road, would i still remember what it was like to be 16, 17?

Well, 2006 was filled with all sorts of memories, but in life, people only look back and with a smile-that is sometimes tinged with a little sadness, and after that, they live on. I want to live on, with as much courage as Aya from One Litre Of Tears.

Who is Aya?? She is the main character of the show One Litre of Tears which is based on a real story. She has an incurable disease called Spinocerebellar Degeneration. As the disease progresses, the victim slowly lose her ability to walk, talk, write but her thinnking-brain is not affected.

Imagine being pulled off the young active colourful life one can have at 15? Imagine the agony of wanting to say something, of having so many thoughts you want to express and yet, your mouth does not want to do your bidding. Imagine knowing that with every step you take, you are just stepping nearer to you death and that you will be killed by something as small as choking.

What does she live for? she constantly asks herself. She wants to do something to help others. Her dairies were published and inspired those that were like her, trapped by the disease.

As i watched the show, i could not help myself from crying buckets for the pain, courage and frustration of all the characters.

Small beautiful stories like that are found actually in every corner of the earth. They all speak of true human emotion. I want to learn of more of such stories.

Aya-chan lived a life of darkness and yet she was still able to smile. So did her family.
Though she asked "What do i live for?" she bravely plodded on and found meaning in it in the end.

Then, what do i live for? I ask myself.
I am still looking for that answer.
I want to be like Aya-chan. I want to be brave like her, and smile through any adversity. I want to touch the lives of others in some way. I want to look up at the sky eveyday and smile as the warmth of the sun caress my face or as the stars twinkle at me.
Even though its true that like Aya-chan, every step we make is a step closer to death, but every moment till then there is something beautiful that we can do.

and......................
everyday, with every little step..............i want to find the light in my life.

No comments: