Saturday, December 16, 2006

Why let them control you? Where's the you i know?

With uncertainty, i reach out my hand
to you who clings on the edge of the land
With soft coaxes and kind words,
i tried to make you take it.
but yet i am not sure
if you really heard them.

With slight desperation, i tried to make you see
that letting yourself lose yourself
will make you only fall and hurt thee.
Some sharp words were added
to jolt you to your senses.
but yet again i am not sure
if you really heard them.

It hurts to see that a lesson learnt once before by me
is replayed in another's life with glee.
Maybe its just a lesson one has to learn for oneself.
Maybe you have to hurt to learn.

I remember the burning pain searing in my heart
the mental turmoil that ripped me almost in two
in what seems like eons ago.
Does this mean that one day soon to come i will see
the very same things reflected in your eyes,
to seem to tear you apart
and make you feel like there is no place on earth for you to breathe?

Yet, one day, i woke up.
Smelling the sweet smell of something like spring.
Two beautiful sentences from one beautiful friend,
had shook me back to my senses again.

Why let them control you?
Where's the you i know?
She asked.

The pain dissapeared
and my smile returned.

Why let them control you?
Where's the you i know?
She asked.


This time i hope that you really hear.

by SanSan=)

No comments: